Thursday, May 10, 2007

on the eve of parenthood...


Well, by this time tomorrow--if things go according to plan--I, Scott, will be the father of two children. Jenny and I spent the evening at C & O's Trattoria in Marina Del Rey, and took a sunset walk on the beach as our last evening out for awhile.


As I anticipate the day--and the rest of our lives--I feel gratitude for being entrusted with two children to raise, and I feel a strange stillness inside. As crazy as I can only guess the next several months are going to be, I feel a peace that God has chosen me and Jenny to parent these two little people, and that he will give us all we need to parent them well.


Our prayer, as we enter into parenthood is: "Father, give us eyes to see your presence, your beauty, and your magic in the world, that we may open the eyes of our children to their heavenly father."

No comments: